Tuesday 12 May 2009

HEAL THE LAST STAND

It's been a long time since my emotions were knocked KO by any new music, but I have been delighted this weekend by "Heal The Last Stand", a bunch of scruffy looking acoustic playing hippies. Listening to and watching these delightful young folk perform their own music has made me feel that someone has opened the gates of heaven just a chink and allowed me to peep inside.

It isn't just the sumptious harmony that these people produce either - it is all underpinned by the heartfelt lyrics of their own material. They sing as though they have something worthwhile to sing about, as indeed they do. Their songs are as meaningful, melodic and natural as the blackbird's, in my opinion. I don't want to compare them to any other musicians from this or any other era, you will just have to listen to them for yourself.

Praise the Lord for the beauty of words and music, and praise the Lord for those who bring such beauty!

1 comment:

Zoompad said...

PS No insult intended by the description "scruffy looking hippies". All my favourite people are those who have higher priorities than the clothes on their backs.

Besides, I would make Trinny and Suzanna stamp in frustrated rage if ever they tried to doll me up, as I like my comfort zone.

Jesus wasn't exactly well dressed male of Nazereth was he? From what I can understand, He only had one robe!

I just think there is stuff more important than material possessions. This band seem to think so as well, and I just love them for that, if I didn't already love them for their beautiful music.